Saturday, September 5, 2009

Patience is a Virtue... Yet I am not Virtuous in It!

Patience is a necessity to this life.Well, at least the life of a virtuous woman. A virtuous woman I was designed to be....yet, I can only find myself continuing to become. As the moments pass so do the monuments of my failures. Failures wrought with impatience. Another slap on the hand racked up, but more painful is the self-inflicted guilt and shame. The failings ensue pain that does not align with the means utilized to achieve a guarded heart.
Failures wrought with impatience. Impatience is not to be emanated by a virtuous woman. A virtuous woman I long to be, but I find myself resolved to the mere becoming.
Love is the greatest of these and I have discovered that the inability to wait destroys the ability to truly love and be loved. Impatience with His design in the process of becoming. The process is all too cliche. The process requires patience. So, is being virtuous the simple act of waiting well? In other words, is becoming a virtuous woman really as simple as dying to impatience? Once this elementary concept is realized as simplistic by my thick skull, I just might obtain this lofty calling of being a virtuous woman.
One in the same... Virtue is a patience... a patience that is beyond my carnal comprehension. I am not innately skilled to grasp this kind of patience. However, this shortcoming is the greatest gift as He has a place within to increase this flesh's ability to patiently love. Patient love is the love of a virtuous woman sold out to the One. The One skilled enough to create and then instill a woman with His virtue of patient love. His heart is a virtuous heart...His love is a patient love...His patient love is virtuous! Only through knowing this by faith will we become virtuous amidst a broken humanity.
Be Patient in all things...there is a perfect picture unknown, but at hand! In each of us there is a Patience waiting to become virtuous...In each of us their is a Virtue longing to be perfectly patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment