Monday, March 2, 2009

Pain vs. Pride


Check out Proverbs 16:18This one knocked me on my face...I struggle with extreme levels of pride, which has the potential to destroy every relationship in my life. "But I...." statements are my absolute favorite when I analyze another's intentions or actions to hurt me whether intentional or unintentional. So, communication is shut off and pain is seething. Once this happens I get angry and scream. Then I apologize and......DO IT AGAIN! This cycle is vicious and brings me nothing but death. Now, I sacrifice 'But I....' and risk myself to be exposed to hurt. When I get hurt...I experience pain. When I experience pain my heart is softened. When my heart is softened I draw closer to my King. When I draw closer to my King I find unconditional love, peace and rest. When I find those things I am whole...I am complete in Him and closer to the pain He experiences when we reject Him. Therefore, when we chose pride we not only shut others out, but we automatically cut ourselves out of His purpose for us. Basically, I have been working through pain in exchange for pride....YOU SHOULD TRY IT! IT HURTS BUT IT'S HOPE!


Sparkles,


Ashleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment